Articles on Webometry
Complexity of the WWW
- Introduction to webometry, by Ralph Abraham.
Develops an idea of Don Foresta regarding
the fractal dimension of the WWW into a strategy
for imaging the complexity of the Web as a
colored two-dimensional image.
Synergy of the WWW
- Definition of synergy, with exemplary computation
for the UC subweb, by Ralph Abraham.
This is another strategy for mapping the complexity
of the Web, this time as a connection matrix.
Chronotopography of the WWW
- Map of the WWW according to message travel time,
by Ralph Abraham and Don Foresta.
A third strategy for imaging the Web involving
colors applied to an ordinary geographical
map of the world.
- Chaos theory and space-time patterns
- This is the transcript of a short talk given
in Prague on 20 November, 1996, on the ideas behind
Revised 26 May 1997 by Ralph Abraham